Saturday, February 04, 2012

The Boston Pilot: Accept mystery of Christ to achieve inner peace, movement's leader says
Father Carron, 61, first became aware of Communion and Liberation after serving as a priest for years after his 1975 ordination. He taught, researched and wrote in various academic settings in Jerusalem, Washington and Madrid and along the way discovered the movement. In 2004, he was invited to move to Milan, Italy, by Father Giussani to share the responsibility of leading the movement.

Prior to his discovery, he explained, emptiness still existed in his heart despite serving the church. That changed when he began to understand what Communion and Liberation espoused to people from all walks of life.

"I thought that I knew Christianity, but there was something in my life that didn't work. There was something in my relationship with my students that didn't work." he recalled. "But the moment I encountered Father Giussani something started to change in my relationship with myself, in my relationship with my students. My classes became more interesting for me, for my students.

"It was a fantastic journey, an adventure," Father Carron said of his acceptance of the mystery of Christ: his life on earth, his crucifixion and his resurrection. "I could understand what this means ... this charism for my life and for the life of the church."

??? What was he missing?

Archived also at Catholic Herald
NET video
Avvenire interview
editorial on Christmas

Don Giussani and the presence of the laity in the Church

No comments: