Saturday, July 22, 2017

But Is There a Form of Depression That Has a Purely Physiological Cause?

A Priest’s Thoughts on Depression, Anxiety, the Soul, Your Body and Your Brain by Fr. Stephen Freeman

Somewhat problematic, I think, is the not infrequent distinction made between anxiety and depression as physical/medical problems and as so-called “spiritual” problems. There is no such distinction. We do not have “spiritual” problems that are not also physical problems, simply because we do not exist as some sort of divisible creatures.

Related:
The Spiritual Life in Depression and Anxiety by Fr. Stephen Freeman

A very poignant question was sent privately to me after my last post. It asked how I was able to go about my parish work when I was battling with depression and anxiety.

No comments: